Tracy Lieb, LCSW-C
University of Maryland School of Social Work, 2016/Clinical Concentration with a Mental Health Specialization
Taking new clients on a case by case basis.
What’s therapy with me like? I focus on trauma, anxiety related disorders, mood disorders, and life transitions, using motivational interviewing, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and a person-centered approach.
I believe that each client deserves an approach to therapy that is unique to them. By assessing a client as an individual and understanding their values, strengths and perspectives, a strong therapeutic relationship can be formed in order to create success for the client. Figuring out what motivates a person and their behaviors is essential in learning healthier coping skills.
How I’ve kept learning… I have completed a two day training on supervision strategies and am currently engaged in an ongoing anti-racism training.
Who do I work with? I work with ages 13 and older.
I feel allied/aware/part of/informed/knowledgeable about…LGBTQIA+ (allied, knowledgeable), trauma survivors (knowledgeable), and co-occurring disorders (knowledgeable).
I am the best fit for a client who…is ready to make a change towards living a better life. I like to help client’s challenge their own negative thoughts and behaviors with honesty, empathy and authenticity.
I am not a good fit for clients who…is unwilling to examine themselves on a deeper level in order to experience change and growth.
What makes me unique? Like most therapists I can offer an empathetic, non-judgmental space to process and grow. However, I will also always be honest and real within that space and relationship in order to challenge clients to become the best possible version of themselves.
The Practical Stuff
What insurances do I accept? I am in network with CareFirst BCBS and Evernorth (previously known as Cigna).
Do I offer telehealth or in person sessions? During COVID, I am offering teletherapy. However, I am open to returning to a mixed model with both in person and teletherapy when it is safe.
The Fun Stuff
Did you know…I love being near water and the beach is my favorite place to relax and recharge.
Any pets? I have an Aussie named Finley and a rescue cat named Bruce Taco (his given name, but it just fits!)
What I’ve Learned Lately
- Mental Health in the LGBTQIA+ Community, Simple Practice, 6/21
- Managing Hopelessness, Helplessness and Despair with our Younger Clients, Bonnie Goldstein, Ph.D., Mental Health Academy’s Suicide Prevention Summit, 7/21
- Perception is Everything: Stigma, Mental Health, & Suicide in Historically Marginalized Communities, Victor Armstrong, Mental Health Academy, 8/21
- Social Media Ethics for Mental Health Professionals Simple Practice Learning, Benjamin E. Cadwell PsyD LMFT, September 2015
- Affirming Autistic and ADHD Identities: Incorporating Neurodiversity in Session, Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, November 2021
- Moving from Racial Awareness to Anti-Racism Quince Orchard Psychiatry, December 2021
- How Culture Is Critical in CBT, Peter Economou, PHD, January 2022
- Supervision Strategies for the Development of Competent Social Workers, University of Maryland, School of Social Work, Gisele Ferretto, February 2022
- Anti-racism Training 3 Month Training, Dr. Nathalie Edmond, March & April 2022
How to Give me A Buzz
The best way to contact me is…via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.